"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Monday, August 20, 2007

So, today I was going to post about...

....money. About how money is such a charged issue in my family and I don't want it to be so for Adam. How I'm planning to educate him about money, how I plan to teach him by having him divide any money gifts he receives into portions -- one third for long term savings for big items he wants, one third for him to spend as he wishes, and one third for charitable donations. I was going to write about how maybe twice a year, perhaps on his birthday and on the anniversary of our forever family day, we would decide together on the charity to receive his donations. But I'm not going to write about that today. Because TODAY is the day I got my Giving and Receiving gate -- Adam will be in my arms on September 10! His 17 month birthday and 5 days before my birthday! Could there be a better early birthday gift!

16 comments:

Cindy, Chuck, and Rhett said...

Congratulations!! We'll see you in Vietnam. Our GNR date is also on Sept. 10th.

Dan and Elisabeth said...

Yea! I am so excited for you Kathy. I can't wait to see you holding Adam.

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

I am SO happy for you!! I can't wait to see photos of you in Vietnam! Woo hooie!

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

HOOOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!! You made it girl - now go get that little boy and have the time of your life! :)

Julie said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful birthday present!

Leigh said...

FINALLY....YEA YOU!!! I can't wait to follow your journey!!

Kelly said...

What's more fun than talking about money? Spending it on tickets to Vietnam! Congrats!

I like the money plan, too. I give my munchkin some "charity money" for Christmas and let him pick where it goes. He likes helping the whales or tigers, etc.

Congrats again.

Kelly

B said...

I've been watching and waiting and waiting and watching...finally you will be united with your son. Congratulations!

www.wonderandwait.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! I'm so thrilled for you. I can't wait to see pictures of Adam in your arms...finally!

Lina said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait for you to be holding him. Congrats!

Scott and Leslie said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you!!!!

Melissa Cz said...

Congratulations! Please make sure to post pictures for us to see! Enjoy every moment!

Julie said...

Yippee!!!

Now start packing that cow suitcase!

I look forward to following your trip.

Mindee said...

Congratulations! I just saw your post on the SingleAdoptVietnam list. My son is from Vinh Long too and we've been home almost a year. I can't wait to follow your trip. Best Wishes.
Mindee

Anonymous said...

Just say your announcement on the Yahoo board, and decided to pop over to your blog and say "congrats".
Your little Adam is just precious! I know how long the wait may seem, but that will all melt away when you have him in your arms.
I travelled to Vietnam right after Thanksgiving and brought home our Ian (2nd Vietnam adoption)~ he is about the same age as Adam~ he just turned 16 months on Monday). You can see him on my blog, if you're interested.
Happy packing!!!