"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Follow up to a earlier post

Erin from the Dillon list asked me a question about my post regarding the book "Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion" and my beliefs in regard to raising Adam. She asked if I would allow him the same freedom to make his own decision, as I have. It was such a good question it warranted revisiting the issue. The answer is yes, I absolutely plan to allow him the freedom to make his own choices when it comes to religion. Interestingly, that is one of the points in the book Parenting Beyond Belief. It suggests you expose the child to all different belief systems and religion very openly, including your own, of course, and if he shows an interest in one, be open to allowing him to develop it. So, that's what I plan to do! I already have a beautiful book of Buddhist Fairy Tales!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too believe freethought is one of the best things we can teach our kids and "Parenting Beyond Belief" sounds right up my alley. I'm off to google it. :)

What's the name of the Buddhist fairy tale book?