"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”

In early May of 2008, about 2 and a half weeks after he turned two, Adam was hospitalized with febrile seizures, as those of you who read my hysterical posts are sure to remember.

His roommate, who was, by incredible coincidence, in his daycare class, got out of the hospital a day earlier than Adam did. When we were packing up to go home, we found part of a toy car that belonged to Marcello under the crib, just the wheels and the bottom panel, and took it home with us.

Yesterday, Adam unearthed it from his box of a gazillion cars and was so excited to see it. He came running over to me saying "Mommy, 'member Marcello?" Since he sees Marcello every day, this was not unusual, but he then went on to say " 'member the hospital? Mommy sleep in the chair." And I was flabbergasted. I did, indeed, sleep in the chair next to his bed every day. And he remembers.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is amazing that he remembers that!