"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

There is a new saint.......

...and her name is Alphonsa. Alphonsa is one of Adam's former teachers. Adam loved all three of the teachers, but Alphonsa was always special to him. He cried every day when she went to lunch and always awoke from his nap well ahead of the other children (just when she would return from lunch) and would have time with Alphonsa all to himself. She, in turn, adores him, and finds even his temper hilarious.

One day last week when I picked Adam up, his new teacher (Mrs. Cherry -- on whom the jury of opinion is still out) said Alphonsa was looking for me. When I found her, she asked me if Adam could stay with her that Friday (daycare was closed for the Feast of the Assumption.) Can he stay with her? Yes! Yes! Of course he can!

When I picked him up -- and she lives two blocks away! -- after what appeared to be a very fun day for both of them, Alphonsa volunteered that she would watch him anytime I needed her. If I needed to go shopping or go to a movie, I should just give her a call! I almost fell upon her weeping and kissing her. I could go to a movie! I have a babysitter! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is indeed a new saint called Alphonsa! On October 12, 2008 (Columbus Day, here in NYC), the Pope will canonize St. Alphonsa of the Immaculate Conception. She will be India's first female saint and the country's first fully Indian saint (The first saint from India was half-Portuguese). Yay for Alphonsa!

Anonymous said...

Good babysitters are PRICELESS! I'm so glad you found some one to help you out. We all need a little ME time!