"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sometimes when I look at Adam....

I think about my life, where I am, and how I got here, all the twists and turns that lead me to this time and place. Then I think about his birth mother and how her path with its own twists and turns led her to have this beautiful boy and make the loving and painful decision to give him up.

I think of our two lives, unfolding 10,000 miles apart, and how each step and choice we made led our paths to cross in the person of "our" son. And my mind is boggled. And grateful. I wish his birth family knew how loved this child is.

5 comments:

Chandra said...

You are very luck. I'm sure his birth family must know that he is being loved and cared for.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto your blog from, well, I can't remember! Anyway, your son is a doll. I loved your mom's response to the man in the mall!

I think about the same things you mentioned in this post. It's a lot to wrap my mind around and wometimes it's not easy to understand. The only thing I know is that, like you, I'm so, so grateful.

I wouldn't worry too much about what outhers think of the tantrums. You're doing your best to be a good mom, which you clearly are, and that's what matters.

Scott and Leslie said...

I am sure that Adam's birth parents already know! You are a fabulous mommy!

Cindy, Chuck, and Rhett said...

Awesome!!

Dianna said...

What a sweet, wonderful post.