"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Monday, November 19, 2007

Other than the not eating and not sleeping thing...

....first off, I want to thank everyone who chimed in on the sleeping issues Adam is experiencing. I should have clarified that he was waking as much before I tried the crib and is waking as much now that he is back in my bed. Last night, he fell asleep at 7, woke at 8:20, 10, 12, 2:30, 4 and then we got up at 6. Sigh. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it will be this way for a while -- in fact, since he'll be starting daycare next week, I can only assume it will get worse, before it gets better.

So, other than the not eating and sleeping thing, I've been remiss in talking about Adam. He is such a firecracker. He is definitely a challenging child, but an absolutely hilarious one who is very clearly his own person. Since the first day he consented to be put in the stroller, he has gotten the biggest kick out of the wind. Since he loves to be fanned and loves to fan himself, I guess it follows logically. No matter how cold the wind is, it makes him laugh. On Saturday, we had wind gusts in excess of 40 mph. He could barely stay standing and thought it was absolutely hilarious.

He loves dogs, birds and buses. He "talks" to everyone we pass on the street, cashiers, people in the grocery store. If they don't respond, he yells until they do. He has a fabulous sense of humor and is quite a jokester. His latest joke is he will pull one hand inside his sleeve and present the empty sleeve to me for my reaction to his missing hand!

But what the child loves more than anything is to walk. The longest distance I've clocked him at is a little over a mile -- and he only stopped because we arrived at our destination.

Just wait until he starts eating and sleeping!

2 comments:

Nadra said...

Kathy....Adam sounds like a precious one year old. Other than the sleeping and eating...it sounds like he's doing great. Sleeping and eating will come.

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

Happy First Thanksgiving with your son.

Dianna said...

I'd like to point out that what this blog is missing is more pictures of Adam. Cough 'em up!