"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Saturday, November 3, 2007

A bit better...

....so Oxford finally added Adam to my insurance policy and we had our first pediatrician visit yesterday. He did great -- mostly, I think, because he was so interested in all the new things to see. That is, of course, until the four shots.....but he got over that very quickly. He did gain a pound and grew almost an inch. Doctor says he's small, but healthy. She had no real concerns about his diet and prescribed some vitamins. She suggested we just attempt to reintroduce foods he's previously rejected after a period of time. He has added string cheese to the list of foods he's willing to eat, so that's a little protein at least. I was eating sloppy joes for lunch today and was shocked that he ate a few pieces of chopped meat. Progress!

I got a good laugh when Adam's certificate of citizenship arrived yesterday -- with both his name AND birthdate wrong. All they needed to do was copy the information off his paperwork and they blew it. They're doing a hell of a job in USCIS, aren't they? Good luck with that illegal alien thing.

We're going to the daycare center on Monday to talk about easing him into daycare. He's supposed to start fulltime Nov 26. I'm hoping he'll start a full week earlier and spend some time there with me, getting to know the place and the people, then have me leave for a brief time, so he knows I'll come back. Keep your fingers crossed! I think he'll ultimately do very well as he's extremely social.

And, he said his first word today! Was it Mama? No! It was "Nea", the dog's name! LOL!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

glad you are doing better. i think some of your feelings are pretty normal (hitting the emotional wall, etc). but i have no real experience yet - still waiting for referral...