"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Many many apologies!

I ended up not being able to bring my laptop to Vietnam and assumed I would be able to go to the business center and update you every other day or so. Well, that worked fine until I actually HAD Adam. I have soooo much to tell you all! We just arrived home this evening (Sunday) around 10 p.m. The trip home contained an oh so lovely 10 hour layover in Tokyo, which became a 12 hour layover when the plane was delayed. Imagine it -- you're a 17 month old baby who falls asleep at 6:30 p.m. only to be awakened at 8:30 and dragged to the Hanoi airport for a midnight flight. On the bright side, you sleep through 3/4 of that 5 and a half hour flight, only to find yourself in Tokyo at 6:45 a.m. with nothing to do until your plane leaves at 4:45 p.m. As if that weren't bad enough, the flight is delayed until 7 p.m., which brings the time spent in the airport to just a little over 12 hours. And THEN you get onto the plane for another 11 hours and 55 minutes. Let's just say it was not pretty.

Just wanted to let you all know we are ok, Adam is wonderful, and I have plenty of stories to tell -- tomorrow.

18 comments:

Teresa and Norm said...

I cannot wait to hear more!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear your stories and hear all about Adam!! I hope you are able to get some much needed rest!

Jennifer said...

glad you're home!! can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

Nadra said...

Welcome home!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and especially about Adam. Get some rest!!

Cindy said...

So glad you made it home safe and sound!

Dianna said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about your trip to Vinh Long! Sleep well :)

Jessica said...

Glad to hear you haven't fallen off the face of the earth and got hoem safely =). Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!
So glad you've made it home.
You know we are all anxious to hear about your adventure, when you get a minute.
:) Carla

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Woo hooie! You guys made it home! Congrats!

Try to get some sleep and update us during Adam's nap time, please, oh please!

S. said...

I HAVE BEEN SO WORRIED! Phew...now I can go back and read the post! Congrats on getting home! Can't wait for more details!

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

Welcome Home! Don't worry about typing and e-mailing - just enjoy your suddenly-very-happily-full hands! :)

Rebecca & Steve said...

yay!!! I've been checking your blog like a stalker :)lol!
I am so glad you're both home and can't wait to hear all about your trip and see some pics of your cutie!
Get some rest and welcome home :)

Kelli said...

I too have been stalking your blog- hoping for an update. Glad you both make it home safe! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures of Adam!

Julie said...

Welcome Home!!!

Get plenty of rest. Can't wait to hear about your trip after you have recovered.

Susie said...

hey kathy, been hoping you'd post something to show us you were home. can't wait to see pics of you and adam together. (well, i did see one on one of the other family's blog, so I knew you had adam!) get some rest and then share all about it...we've been dying to hear!

Dan and Elisabeth said...

I can't wait to read more! I am so happy you made it home and everything went well.

Kelly said...

So glad you are home safe and sound and I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Welcome home ADAM!

Kelly