"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

“There is a comfort in the strength of love; "t will make a thing endurable which else would overset the brain or break the heart " -- Wordsworth

Adam and I have a sweet little ritual for when he is grouchy, or sad, overtired, or just in need of some snuggling. He sits on my lap facing me with his arms around my neck as I rock and sing a quiet little song I made up. It goes "Rocka Rocka baby, Rocka Roca Adam, Rocka Rocka baby, I love you." As we go on, with each repetition, I change the name of the person who loves him and one by one list all the people in his life.

When I notice he is about to lose it, I will ask "Do you need a rocka?"

The other day, for the first time, I caught him playing with his cars, quietly singing the "rocka" song to himself. A sweet moment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. That is so sweet.

B.E.C.K. said...

That is lovely. :)