"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A foreshadowing....

...As I've mentioned before, Adam is very social. We talk to many people on the street and in stores, and often people I've never seen will say hello to him, most likely knowing him from daycare.

While we were walking the dog the other morning, a woman came out of her house and greeted me with familiarity. I had no clue who she was. She turned to Adam and exclaimed "Adam! My, you're getting so big!" After a few minutes of polite small talk, we continued on our way. Once we were out of earshot, I bent over and asked Adam "Does that lady work in your school?" Without missing a beat he replied "No, food store." And he was right. She was a cashier from our local supermarket.

I suspect this is how our life will go in a few years -- Adam will lead his old decrepit mother gently down the street and as we encounter people, coach me with "Now, Mother, this is Sally from the drugstore. You remember Sally, don't you?" LOL!

1 comment:

Denise Grover Swank said...

Oh I so need an Adam!!! When I see people out of context I have the worst time figuring out HOW I know them. Maybe I can train one of my smaller children to do this for me!

Denise
There's Always Room for One More and
My Vietnam Journey