"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Monday, May 7, 2007

Nothing new, just more waiting, nesting, thinking....

I'm pretending that I'm getting good at waiting -- but I'm not so secretly awful at it! I go through my day, and do my job, and smile and appear normal -- when I simply want to scream "I want my baby NOW!" LOL! But, that would be less than productive, wouldn't it?

I met a lovely woman last week from my SingleAdopt NY list who was getting rid of clothing her 8 year old son had outgrown -- it was mostly gently used, but some of the clothign was never worn. I got two HUGE shopping bags of clothing, toys, and other items for $45 -- including two beautiful silk outfits from Vietnam. I'm hoping Adam can wear one of the silk outfits for our Giving and Receiving Ceremony.

More importantly, I made my first non-online contact with an adoptive parent. I've been doing all my networking online, which is totally my comfort zone. Time to venture out of it!

4 comments:

Daniel and Jamie said...

I hope you hear great news soon! All those clothes sound like a great bargain!

The 4 Moore's said...

I loved your comment about wanting to scream "I want my baby now!" I feel the same way, how can people expect me to go about my daily life when i'm waiting for my baby in Vietnam!

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
I'm hoping we'll get some good photos of Adam for you next week. And also hoping you'll be able to follow us REAL soon.

JoanP

Julie said...

It's always good to meet people face to face. We've been doing that alot in our area.

We figure by the time we get a referral we will have a bunch of kids for him lined up to have play time with.