"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Bad Seed

When I arrived at school to pick Adam up on Thursday, Mrs. Cherry (who is very kind, a great teacher, and very good to Adam, but who has absolutely NO sense of humor) greeted me with a very somber "Your little Adam is sitting in time out." Having been on the receiving end of some of Adam's least charming behavior, I steeled myself for the worst. She related that in the morning, assistant teacher Mrs. Olga asked Adam to stop doing something (I've forgotten what) AND....here she paused for dramatic effect before the big reveal...."he showed her his tongue!" Mind you, this was said in much the same tone and with much the same dramatic expression as if she'd said "..and then he pulled out a knife and cut her!" How I didn't burst out laughing is beyond me. She went on to say that in the afternoon the other assistant Mrs. Magdalene told him not to throw something and he "showed her his tongue" as well.

I somehow maintained my composure and asked if this happened often. Mrs. Cherry told me it was Adam's first timeout ever. (I refrained from saying that in that case, they ought to give him a medal!) I concurred that telling him not to do it again and putting him in timeout was the thing to do and assured her I would reinforce that at home and we made good our escape.

Last night Adam was talking to a friend of mine on the phone who asked him how school was and I heard him respond "I kept my tongue in my mouth in school all day!" LOL! Maybe there's hope for him yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you managed to keep your composure. I'd have ended up in time out myself!!

Anonymous said...

unds like a very wellbehaved little boy. :-)

Marie said...

When I told Olivia about this last night she got HYSTERICAL! Good grief, if that's the worst body part he ever shows to the teacher, he's all set!