"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Two Open Letters

1. Dear Daycare teachers, doctors, nurses, etc:

Please do not call me "mommy". I have a name. I am a person, not a role. You are regular fixtures in our lives and you KNOW my name. Please use it. Thank you very much.

2. Dear Anonymous: Please, I am BEGGING you - stop reading my blog. Please stop telling me that the blog is a catalog for child abusers, that I am invading Adam's privacy, asking me to explain to you why he is still taking a bottle (exactly who is it that you think you are?) -- please, please GO AWAY! Thank you very much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should tell "Anonymous" to eat used kitty litter!

Sophia was in a loving foster home in China for the first four years of her life. She was rocked by her foster mother with a bottle every night, almost until I adopted her. It wreaked a bit of havoc on the baby teeth, but you have seen the results - this little girl, after having come halfway across the world at age four with a stranger - is a loving, confident, happy and intelligent child. YOU GIVE THAT BABY HIS BOTTLE AS LONG AS HE WANTS IT! SO THERE!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy:
I am Leveta.A famous Dillon Mom who just loves reading your blog,seeing your cute Adam and hearing about the funny (knowing the lady from the grocery store)and sweet stories about him.I have a bio son who is 16,and 2 children from India through Dillon and would NEVER NEVER say mean things to anybody.I think if you want Adam to have his bottle until he starts college he will be fine and it is your business.Our bio son was almost 3 before he was potty trained and I got plenty of sarcastic comments from people so I know how it feels.Just write those "people" off and do what you want with your son.I also have to sign anonymous because I forgot my password.
Leveta--who just loves reading anyones blogs because I'm 52 years old and figure my days of adopting are over. (o:

Anonymous said...

been reading your blog forever, since before you picked up Adam. I am a mom of 4, not a pedofile. What kind of crazy person snoops on blogs and leaves comments telling you people might be snooping??? BTW bottles aren't dangerous, and there's no harm in keeping something that makes him feel good. My 4 year old son has a binky still.My name is Suzanne and I think Adam and you are pretty cool!Lurker no more!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to feed my almost 2 year old her first bottle in the rocking chair. We'll co-sleep as well and I will carry her 21 lb chubby butt in the carrier for as long as my back will let me. I will also talk baby talk, be insanely over protective, talk baby talk to her, and keep her in a car seat until she's 80 lbs.

Speaking as a mom who has chosen to leave her blog public, I'd like to join you in telling Anonymous to kiss it.