"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Monday, March 10, 2008

A post in which I promise not to whine about Adam's sleeping.....

....except to say that I simply don't understand why he isn't as exhausted as I am. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that he is happy and healthy, just a little perplexed.

But happy and healthy he is!

What is it with boys and cars? Adam is completely enthralled with cars and could play happily with them all day. If its a bus, better yet!

Phones of any kind run a close second, and often, cars seem to turn into phones and he will happy chat away into a car. If we are out walking, he just cups a hand to his ear and talks. I'm not sure who he's talking to, though, if asked, he will usually say "Grandma", or what he's saying, but boy does he have a lot to say! His conversations are complete with arm gestures, nodding, facial expressions -- you would swear he was actually on the phone!

Adam is also a music lovin' dancin' fool! He loves Barry Manilow (well, he doesn't really have a choice at this point! LOL!) and is a HUGE Wiggles fan. I have developed a fondness for the Wiggles myself, but the other night, after having watched them 6 or times over two days, I just couldn't bear to watch them again. I put Cher's Farewell Tour DVD and Adam was dazzled! He actually sat next to me on the couch and watched the entire video -- except when we were dancing, of course! LOL!

6 comments:

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

We also have a dancer.

The phone story is just too cute. Beckett also LOVES the phone And remotes. He may have a remote addiction. If only he could figure out how to operate them...

As for the anonymous comments, I'm guessing you've had some unpleasant comments of late. I hate when that happens. Hopefully folks will be on their best behavior soon.

: ) jjm

Nadra said...

Ian loves cars too. Phones come and go. But if a phone had a wheel on it...wow...that would be awesome.

Love your updates Kathy!!

Hoping to see you at Vietnam Heritage weekend in June.

Nadra

Heather M. said...

Our kids also liked the BackYardigans (Not sure if I'm spelling it right?) There is a lot of dancing & singing/music on it. It's a 30 minute show, but I'm sure they have DVDs too. If you'd like a change from Wiggles every now & then! Also, Sesame Street puts out a cute songs Movie. All singing & dancing too. Enjoy!
Yes, after cars, our boys moved on to Thomas the Train & all his train friends...the magnetic ones that hook up & pull one another. I would forgo the tracks this young though as it frustrated our boys when the trains fell off...just a couple of trains & the floor would occupy mine for hours. Have fun with your boy! He's adorable....sleep will come.
Heather M.

Teresa and Norm said...

I have been quietlyfollowing your blog for quite sometime now. I truly have loved reading all about Adam and this has been by far my favorite post. How cute!!! Hope he soon sleeps better though!!!
Teresa

Leigh said...

He's not as tired as you because he gets a nap every day!! Hang in there. We've had trouble with DG too. She developed a rash last week and we had to put her on benedryl...we had our first full nights sleep...9-6 and not a peep from the princesss!

Boys and cars...boys and dinosaurs...boys and transformers...boys have more obsessions than girls!!

Hoping you sleep soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi.
I've read your blog for a long time and I have to say. He is just beautiful. How long did you have to wait between your referal and the travel?
Singeladopt, from Sweden