"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Thursday, October 18, 2007

All Hail the Sandman.....

...after a very long detour from Vietnam, the sandman has finally arrived in our home -- as of Monday, Adam is sleeping -- wait for it -- 12 hours a night! He's going down between 6 and 7 p.m. and is good until at least 6 a.m. I can't decide what has made the bigger difference -- accepting the stroller or actually functioning in this time zone! Both of them have made us both very happy.

Adam learned two new things this week -- he suddenly knows that vehemently shaking his head means "no". And he has learned how to wave. He waves at every person we pass -- often starting to wave half a block away from the person he is targeting. And woe to the person who doesn't wave back! He yells at them until they do!

Today Adam decided he wanted to go for a "real" walk - sans stroller. He astounded me by walking to the end of our block and back, then back to the end of the block, then completely around the block! People were laughing at this tiny little thing so seriously walking by himself! Clearly my worrying about his diet is just silly.

4 comments:

Rebecca & Steve said...

Kathy, it sounds like Adam is doing SO great :) I'm so happy to hear about the sleeping!!! Let me know when you guys are up for some company...I know a little girl who can't wait to meet her birthday buddy ;)

Nadra said...

Sleep is a wonderful thing isn't it? Sounds like Adam is doing well. So happy for you Kathy!!

Dianna said...

Hi Adam! *waving wildly from Kansas*

:) :) :)

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

Awesome! Sleep makes everything seem so much more wonderful! :) If you figure the eating thing out, send me a note - I'm still working with my almost 5-yr-old on it! :) I would have loved to have seen the video of the Adam walk - so cute!