"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Friday, October 23, 2009

“What orbit of the planets has put you and me in this place, at this moment? Where time takes a breath, and we dance on the edge of our dreams?”

Every once in a while, there's a moment...something very ordinary...or maybe something completely unexpected...that is so magical and right that it fills you with such joy and awe that it takes your breath away.

At naptime on Saturday, Adam was reluctant to sleep, so rather than putting his in his crib, I let him lay down on a futon on the living room floor. I laid down with him and the dog joined us. We were all warm and sleepy, the dog curled up with her head in the crook of one of my arms, Adam snuggled into the other and I was so completely and perfectly happy and grateful that I almost cried.

4 comments:

B.E.C.K. said...

I love that you wrote about this. That way you can remember it always. It's those little moments that are so big. :-)

Dianna said...

Love that Kathy. I have those moments with my girls, too.

Marie said...

Those moments are so amazing and memorable. I think that only those of us who waited a LONG, LONG time to be parents can truly appreciate them. We had a big Sunday dinner yesterday, and I cleaned up the kitchen, then sat down to read. I was propped in my recliner with "New Moon," Olivia was curled at one end of the couch reading "Breaking Dawn," and Sophia was finishing up "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" at the other. One cat was curled on Sophia's lap, the other was propped on the back of my recliner. The house smelled like roast chicken, the afternoon sun was creeping through the blinds and laying a pattern on the living room floor. The fall-scented candles were lit. It was a moment of supreme peace and happiness....an "I love my life!" moment!

Jennifer said...

That is lovely.