"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Photos from the Coney Island Aquarium and Boardwalk

















So, we went to the Aquarium at Coney Island last weekend. This was Adam at the sight of every single fish or aquatic creature, no matter the size "No! No! I scared! I scared!" and then he would pull up the sunshade on the stroller so he didn't see them. Sigh. Polar bears and hissing geese don't bother him. Fish, however, do. I wouldn't have guessed it. He wasn't interested at all in the sea lion show, though at least he didn't scream in terror.
As it had taken two hours on public transportation to get there and the temperature was 85 degrees with about 500% humidity, I was less than amused.
I decided we should sit down and have lunch before we started the long trek home. As we headed toward the exit, Adam decided he wanted to try to look at the walrus again. And lo and behold, he changed his tune! We went through the whole aquarium again with Adam chanting "No scared" at every exhibit. LOL!
We decided to take a little walk on the boardwalk as Adam wanted to see the ocean. Although he steeled himself and tried three separate times (at his own insistence!) he wasn't able to go more than two steps onto the evil sand before stopping and shrieking to be picked up. Someday!
I hadn't thought about the amusement park rides when planning the trip to the Aquarium, but once Adam saw them we had to go on every one we could. No fears there!

No comments: