"Before we met, I wanted you...Before I found you, I loved you...Before I touched your face, I would die for you...This is the miracle of love."

How Old is Adam?

Lilypie

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sometimes you have a morning....

...where the baby just wakes up in a bad mood. He goes from being sound asleep to a full-fledged tantrum. You struggle to dress a screaming, kicking baby without injury to either of you. He demands to be taken to the kitchen where he rejects each and everything you offer him, yet shrieks upon being removed from the kitchen. Asks for a bottle, rejects it when produced. You try to put him down to finish getting ready for work. This only escalates the tantrum. Finally, you are both ready to head out and walk the dog and then head to daycare when the accumulated force of the baby's continued screaming leads to him vomiting all over himself. And its only 6:55 a.m.

But then, you have a moment -- lying in bed at the end of such a long and wearying day, when the baby reaches out his hand and strokes your check, softly chanting "my mama" repeatedly.....and its worth every minute.

7 comments:

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

SO SWEET!

Anonymous said...

It sure is! Sometimes when Parker is sleeping next to me, if I move over, a few minutes later his little hand starts roaming the area around him until he finds me again...he doesn't really wake up, but he's looking for that security of daddy.

I've never experienced the cry-induced vomit; doesn't sound very fun :) Glad you made it through to the reward!

Nadra said...

It's trying at time Kathy...but you're right...worth every single moment.

Tricia and Kirk said...

Oh how true!

Heather M. said...

The tantrum stage does pass. Thank goodness!
The loving part stays forever. :)
Heather M.

Dianna said...

Awww... Kathy that's so darn sweet. Give Adam a squeeze from his friend Phoebe and a little kiss from me.

Anonymous said...

man jessica beat me to it...so sweet!